Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ecc. 11: Go Live

Ecclesiastes 11:5 "As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things. "

Cast your bread upon the waters, Ecclesiastes 11 says. Go, take risks, don't concern yourself with whether it is the right time or not to take a chance, because there is a time for everything. If you wait until the right time, when the wind isn't blowing, you'll never accomplish anything. For a personal example, I wanted to wait until I could better afford to have kids, and then a brother-in-law told me if I wait for that, it will never happen, and he was right. My daughter is now about 3 and 1/2 months old. I still can't afford her, but I would in poverty without her.

You never know which actions you take will be successful, but none will be if you don't take action.

Enjoy your life, do your thing, but remember God sees all and will sit in final judgment of you.

I think a person can really be happy when they keep in mind which things are meaningless, the things that are temporary and under the sun. God intends enjoyment, and I think Ecclesiastes has commanded the reader to take an eternal view of existence.

No comments: