Monday, April 06, 2009

Ps. 46: Stillness in Chaos

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

There's a lot of chaos in the world, and it can derail a Godly person. There is plenty that can potentially induce fear and panic. But before things get to out of hand, the Psalmist writes that God is the refuge and strength. Always there, an ever-present help.

Disasters will come and nations will rise and fall, but the constant is God. And if the constant, the rule, is trusted, then there is no reason to doubt that God will be shaken. Also, I think it's important to keep in mind that in an equation with one constant, everything else can be variable. I was never a math whiz, but that's my God Constant Theory. So look for change. Look for upheaval, and know who you trust.

It is repeated twice in this chapter that "the LORD almighty is with us, the God of Jacob is our fortress." Must be important.

No comments: