Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ps. 30: Praise for Deliverance

Psalm 30:11 "You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy..."

Another Psalm of praise. And David has much to sing about. He has prayed for deliverance, and received it. What an amazing thing to happen! When you pray for something wonderful, and God is inclined to give that to you. Not only is there joy in God's gift, but also the idea that, even if just for a moment, your desires match up with God's will. Is that too much to think about myself? Does it lessen God's will? I don't believe so. But at any rate, it is quite amazing, and I wonder how often I forget to offer a special praise for it.

I learn a couple things about God in verse 5. "For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."

To me this sounds like a God who in His very nature is favorable. Who would at all times rejoice. He becomes angry. He is not angry. He weeps, but it ceases, and joy is uncovered. Wailing is turned into joy. Sackcloth of mourning isn't meant to be worn at all times in the world of this God. Dancing is a celebration unto God. 


No comments: